Labor Day weekend is one of the busiest periods of time for highway travel. Along with the anticipation of a three day weekend and plans to say goodbye to the record setting '06 summer season comes some sobering statistics. More DUI accidents and fatalities occur during this holiday than any other and 2005 saw deaths on the roadways rise to their highest level in 15 years.
- How are your tires, fuel and fluid levels and lights?
- BUCKLE UP!
- Stay focused and alert.
- Limit cell phone use.
- Bring plenty of patience.
- For that one evening of "bliss", think about this.
- You are being watched, drivers are encouraged to call highway patrol when they observe erratic driving.
- Just before you go to bed, you will always have memories of that accident in your head and when you wake up when the sun begins to rise you will see their face in your eyes.
Scroll over pictures for agency links.